IDIT v. 99 Powerstroke

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
300+ is very common with a powerstroke. I know of at least 15 within a 25 mile radius of my house.

They just need maintaince like the idi. Oil changes, injectors about every 150k and an occasional HPOP. Hell my brother's 94 F250 Powerstroke is nearing 275k and still has 6 original injectors even though it really needs a set now

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nice runs, I know the idi's can be built to run a stock PSD easily. Running along side of one with a bit of work and a tune, you should be very happy with that. ;Sweet

I can't get on the 7.3 PSD bashing bandwagon either. They too are an underdog to the dmax and cummins in an all out hp war. At the end of the day, Fords simply make better work trucks, no matter what era you want to choose.;Really

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
goose ur right and yes need all need injecters oil changes etc. but comes down to basically ford does make a great truck always have and always will and i can never find any around here that are forsale i mean just to see ya know there was one for 8000 it was loaded 4x4 dually but it needed a injection pump and injectors but it had 345 tahts is why i say i dont see many let alone ones with 300 plus around my neck of the woods but i know they last a long time i wish i had one lol

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One good thing is if you can wait and snag one from on here when somebody is wanting to sell theirs. Some of these guys seem to have a knack for finding cheap IDIs too. I was very blessed to get mine for 2500 back in 03. Many other IDIs were still over 5 grand back then and the 93 and 94s over 10K. Nowadays I'd hesitate to spend a lot of money on one of these trucks, just a great likelihood of having to do a lot of work to it and a fear in the back of my mind that the government may ban them entirely. Not to say I wouldn't get another, I'd love to do a 1/2 ton or SUV IDI build. but that would be custom made and all known issues addressed. Still wouldn't be any good if they got banned though.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
well it would be a tragity if they did that to these trucks should then be put somewhere where noone could find them but i think we could find a place lol

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I kinda enjoy my idi, it devolps a miss a crack injectors lines fone which injector is bad pay a cheap price and swap it and it runs great again,

My step dads psd has a miss, and more than likely its a bad injector, but we dont want to pull the valve covers pay a 150 dollars for 1 freiking injector then go threw the headace of putting it in, in my book they are useless to me but whatever:dunno

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
well it needs to run right lol so just do it and get it over with cuz alot more can go wrong if you just leave it so fix it if you can and move on with life lol cuz it will turn around and bite you in the ass if you dont

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
well it needs to run right lol so just do it and get it over with cuz alot more can go wrong if you just leave it so fix it if you can and move on with life lol cuz it will turn around and bite you in the ass if you dont

Its been that way for 3 years, we know the people who have drove it for the past few years and its been the same for years, its just are farm truck we paid 700 for it, we see no use in paying 150 for one stinking injector because the other ones are gonna go bad, and see no reason in buying a hole set cause that would cost more than the hole truck:eek:

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Got the truck in my sig for $600. Had an injector stuck wide open making a legendary amount of piston slap on #6. Owner thought it was a bad rod. Ended up putting a used injector in with his wrench and drove it home.