Fuel filter question

Rupert8

Reaction score
Hello,

In the middle of tracking down a mild surging issue I realized I hadn't checked the fuel filter to see if it was full.

I unscrewed it and the fuel was all the way to the top. In a few seconds, however, it had gurgled some and dropped to around half-way as I looked at it through the center large hole.

Now, when folks talk about the fuel filter being full (meaning no air intrusion up to that point) - are they talking about what I describe here or that it is taken off and is, like, full - so full of fuel that there is no room for movement of liquid?

Sorry for what is very much a beginner's question, just trying to rule things out and until I know this will remain a doubt.....

Thanks.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
When taking off filters, they have been entirely full for me. I dumped the fuel back into a tank with a funnel, since I was just replacing for the sake of routine replacing, not due to a problem.

Rupert8

Reaction score
When taking off filters, they have been entirely full for me. I dumped the fuel back into a tank with a funnel, since I was just replacing for the sake of routine replacing, not due to a problem.
Thanks. So basically you unscrew it and hold it in your hand and it remains full of fuel pretty much to the top?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty