Cup holders

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This discussion suddenly has me thinking about Wrath of Khan. It makes me imagine being chased by a menacing K-car named, "Reliant". Good movie, but I still get a chuckle out of the subliminal advertising for a Chrysler K-car in a Star Trek move. Kelsey Grammer would later prove the durability of the "Miranda Class" frame by taking out the Enterprise-D in a minor fender bender. Plot armor can be funny that way. (Yes, I used to be a trekkie...appologies if no one else gets the references)

Anyway, here's what the leather seats used to look like when I had them installed in my truck:

1979 Cordoba for reference:

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This discussion suddenly has me thinking about Wrath of Khan. It makes me imagine being chased by a menacing K-car named, "Reliant". Good movie, but I still get a chuckle out of the subliminal advertising for a Chrysler K-car in a Star Trek move. Kelsey Grammer would later prove the durability of the "Miranda Class" frame by taking out the Enterprise-D in a minor fender bender. Plot armor can be funny that way. (Yes, I used to be a trekkie...appologies if no one else gets the references)

Anyway, here's what the leather seats used to look like when I had them installed in my truck:

We watch knight rider and A Team all the time, I like all the 80s cars in the background. I cringe when they blow up or flip jeeps though. They way lay CJs and military jeeps. And the bad guys are typically in Chevy blazers, so I refer to them as "evil Chevy blazers".

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
(Yes, I used to be a trekkie...appologies if no one else gets the references)
I do and I still am. IIRC, the Miranda class of ships was still in use for at least most of the TNG episodes. Maybe even for longer.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I do and I still am. IIRC, the Miranda class of ships was still in use for at least most of the TNG episodes. Maybe even for longer.
Weirdos...... knight rider is WAY more sophisticated...... and you can build your own KITT........voice command and all. The A Team van is the #1 most reproduced "star car". I'm considering doing my black bronco with a A Team theme, but have no plans for a GMC vandura.......or a starship Enterprise.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

They WERE Rich, Corinthian Leather!!!!

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I've ever used a 9mm socket was.. On a vw clutch, and it had to be a 12 point.
I had forgotten about that...had to get one from the tool man and remember where I kept it....

Some people...when they need a 'special' socket...they buy a whole set...others...(like me...) buy just what they need...and then have to keep up with it...like a bin with all of the 'other' special sockets...

Pros and cons to both philosophies...

Toolboxes are like garages...get one a lot bigger than what you think you need....surely you will grow into it...

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Yes, I used to be a trekkie...appologies if no one else gets the references)
There was a time when the Intrepid, Inscrutable Trio...(Kirk, Spock, and McCoy) were the center of my futuristic universe...when you think about it...this may be a little blastphemous...they were like the Father, Son, and Spirit....Logic, Emotion, and Leadership.

Because of them I never really warmed up to TNG and star wars just did not make any grade at all...too campy....and I never saw the underlying philosophy to star wars...could not get past the flash and puff...

Nowadays...in reflection...they all had very human stories to tell...but I was distracted with day-to-day...stuff...back then...

IMHO...Khan was created to allow an anti-hero to strut around with his shirt off in front of innocent women...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no plans for a GMC vandura.......or a starship Enterprise.

I always thought it would be fun to dress up a minivan to look like a shuttlecraft, maybe make the back door fold down with hydraulics just like a ramp.....

EDIT:

Oh sorry @Nero . To keep this on topic I have to mention it definitely would have cupholders too! LOL

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought it would be fun to dress up a minivan to look like a shuttlecraft, maybe make the back door fold down with hydraulics just like a ramp.....

EDIT:

Oh sorry @Nero . To keep this on topic I have to mention it definitely would have cupholders too! LOL
Definitely a custom center console with cup holders and a phaser saddle.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Now it's been a long time. Who was that with the white crew cab named Enterprise? We could sure use his input here!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EDIT:

Well, The Ford Aerostar did come with cupholders:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Talk about a Ford that just didn't survive! But think about how that incredibly ugly van is the prototype of like every ugly van thing that's on the road right now. From the ford transit to the dodge.......ughhhh...... thingy all the way to the Mercedes sprinter. When I see a Taurus or aerostar, I do take a moment to appreciate it and point it out to my kids and tell them "there's a survivor right there, just waiting for its head gaskets to go or aluminum head to warp."

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Definitely ugly as sin. It's funny that the commercial talked about aerodynamics slicing through the air and then showed a picture of the second lost space shuttle. According to the movie "Space Cowboys", those are like flying a brick. (warning: possible nerd alert!)

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely ugly as sin. It's funny that the commercial talked about aerodynamics slicing through the air and then showed a picture of the second lost space shuttle. According to the movie "Space Cowboys", those are like flying a brick. (warning: possible nerd alert!)
My mom and stepdad had one, blue and silver. I’d drive it!!

Now the Pontiac Aztec, that thing was beat with the ugly stick!!

On topic, the doghouse is perfect for cup holders!! But man do the eco online seats ever SUCK!!