another ZF-5 thread

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Ok as many of yall know I have been extensively rebuilding my truck, before everything happened my trans might have been on it's last leg. Now that I put a turbo and other goodies in front of it shifting isn't as smooth and I feel it is about to crap out, my tail housing is busted and needs replacing I will be converting to a 4wd setup. I plan to pull it, take it to a shop and have them rebuild it and convert it.

My question: are there any upgrades that can be done while it is apart? I was hoping for some sort of a heavy duty rebuild kit or something, or am I wasting my time as once rebuilt it will have no problems with the upgrades in my sig? I just don't want to have ANY tranny issues down the road because I don't want to have to pull it any more times than are necessary.

Also, my rear main seal is leaking bad, and I plan to fix it when the trans is out, do I have to pull the motor to replace it? could anyone walk me through replacing it?

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Only took 30 min to pull the whole thing and my firewall is perfect I can always spot weld some sheet metal I bend in my vice, but thanks.