4x4 conversion (as promised)

Diesel Dave

Reaction score
Looking at buying a 2wd CC dually to convert to 4wd SRW. Conversion truck is 1990 model with 7.3 and E4OD. Not opposed to auto since it has OD but curious if 2wd transmission can be bolted to transfer case or if I should find mated tranny from another truck. I can't seem to find any CC SRW 4wd for sale in the area so the conversion seems to be the next most likely way to get what I want. Also, what about chassis, brackets, hangers, and crossmembers. I'm assuming all of this is bolt in but just looking for experienced input (or a CC truck that needs a good engine).

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will trade you a srw 10.25 4.10 rear axle for a 10.25 drw axle (any gear ratio). also go with a divorced mount tranfer case, so you can use the factory tranny. now what frt axle are you wanting to use? if you are interested i have a complete 4x4 chassis for sale. it has a dana44hd frt axle a 10.25 rear axle, 4.10 gears, the frt axle has all new ball joints and whl bearings, new brk pads and a new axle shaft. the rear axle has new whl bearings as well. the trk was my daily driver till a few months ago(long story) all depends on how you want to go.

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much do you want for the chassis if he don't want it? I would be interested in. Or if you know where another Dana 44 front is.