So what did you do with your truck today?

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what I believe is another FMX transmission.
Yep...that sure is definitely an FMX.

Last decendant of the Cruiseomatic series that Ford used for many a moon...the AOD and AODE have a similar geartrain but more modernized.

I used to love to build those units because other guys did not want to...

They were real sensitive to contamination...you had to be squeaky clean with them to ensure success.

Whatcha gonna do with it...? Be real careful if you put it in something...a C-6 flexplate will destroy the pump in that because of different backspacing....I have seen a lot of trashed pumps...real shame.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, I unloaded my flatbed trailer. It was full of firewood so I could paint the back side of my garage. It was stacked 4' high, front to back. It took me about 3 hours to unload it all, but I have to hustle so I can do some fixing on the trailer and be ready to pull it again on Saturday.

Attachments

• 102_4510.JPG
    102_4510.JPG
    526.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 102_4518.JPG
    102_4518.JPG
    421.8 KB · Views: 8

ihc1470

Reaction score
Truck told me it wanted some new batteries. Had been sitting for about 3 days. It did start, just very slow cranking. The ones that came out were 7 years old so guess they did well. Crazy what new batteries ones sell for now days.

I farm and sometimes do not quite until the sun goes down. Really did not want to have to jump it off a tractor after dark. Seems happy again. If I find the time I may pull the starter and go through it. Rebuild shop about an hour away so should be able to get brushes etc from them.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel bad sometimes. This truck sits, then I use it like a work truck. Did the water pump, flushed and flushed and flushed. I did this when I bought the truck (in 2011), but should not have been surprised at how murkey (murky?) the coolant was. Well now it's fresh for the next 12 years haha.

Installed the other mirror I got from chillman like 7 or 9 years ago, which I think he got from Wes?

This weekend we plan to take the Polaris ranger and the new to us 2011 RZR 170 and a go kart to an off road park in Pennsylvania. This will be same load we took to west Virginia but hopefully less mountains haha.

Next is work on the trailer which I plan to begin tonight, as it was 90 here all day and the shop doesn't have ac

Attachments

• 20240521_130633.jpg
    20240521_130633.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 6

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
With and for. Today ended a week long flurry of getting my trailer ready to go on another road trip tomorrow. Monday, I unloaded the firewood off of it. Tuesday, I was still exhausted from the firewood, so I didn't do much. Wednesday, I put new spring shackles and bolts on the trailer. Last night, I mounted the one new tire that I have on a rim, put a new valve stem on another and aired it back up, checked two more tires and threw them all in my bed since none of my spares are worth talking about and the tires on the ground aren't a lot better. Today, after work, I recobbled the already cobbled up side rails on my trailer. I hadn't planned to make this trip so I wasn't too concerned after the guy who loaded Scrappy broke them. I checked the air pressure tires on the trailer and aired the truck tires back up to 50PSI. I also opened the door of the house to go to work this morning and saw a pretty good sized tree branch that had fallen out of a tree during the storm last night. I loaded it on the trailer over lunch and took it to the dump after welding on the trailer. I loaded up the new angle iron that I'm going to use to reinforce the trailer and build new side rails to drop off at my garage in the morning on my way west. I'm just glad to get some rest before I get on the road at 6:00 AM tomorrow. Oh well. I do live for adventures!:Thumbs Up

Attachments

• 102_4520.JPG
    102_4520.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 102_4510.JPG
    102_4510.JPG
    526.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 102_4528.JPG
    102_4528.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 102_4530.JPG
    102_4530.JPG
    472.4 KB · Views: 4

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the other mirror I got from chillman like 7 or 9 years ago, which I think he got from Wes

It wasn't QUITE that long ago hahaha. We went down to Wes' place in '19. If it makes you feel any better I still don't have the truck on that frame I picked up from him either hahahahahaha.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I was about 50 miles from my garage on the way home when I had a blow out on the trailer. I knew it was going to happen, but I had decided to see just how far I could go before it happened. A LOT farther than I thought! Naturally, I almost had the spare bolted on when one of the mounting bolts broke.:frustrate-cussIf it had been a regular rim, I would have run it home with only four lug nuts, but I doubt that mobile home rims would last that long without all 5 bolts. So what did I do to get home? I made Gunnery Sgt. Highway proud. I improvised, adapted, and overcame!

Attachments

• 102_4538.JPG
    102_4538.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 102_4540.JPG
    102_4540.JPG
    541.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 102_4544.JPG
    102_4544.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 13

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those type of wheels are dangerous, plus a P-I-T-A.
Bought a home made car trailer with Mobile Home axles under it back around 2012 for $1800.
Found it on CL, what a piece of stuff. needed new tires, as they were worse than I thought when we looked at it. They are the odd ball size 14.5 x 8. There is the cheap tires to move a new Mobile Home from factory to the final set up, a one time use, But I bought the commercial ones. It had home made drop axles around 7" as I remember, for the way it tilted.
Before mounting the new tires decided to check the brakes. None on the rear and disconnected one`s on the front....and you cannot find replacement brakes for them.
I did all kinds of searching.

Saw a guy on CL that made new axles, with dexter brakes and hubs, bought new springs etc... and new rims for the 14.5 tires. They are MH Rims, with a 1/4" plate welded in the center with the 6 holes punched in for mounting. Think they were made in China. A much safer wheel.

https://centrevilletrailer.com/product/tredit-tire-conventional-wheel-145-x-6-mh-6-on-55/

Ridiculous price they are charging, think I paid $94.

It seems the 14.5 tires, did not last that long, maybe a softer rubber?
Any way, learned my lesson that fiasco.

Glad you were able to McGiver it home safely.

Goat

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes