Difference in Banks downpipe-c6-t19

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
Hey guys. Im one step closer this weekend to getting a turbo under my hood. Ill probably do a write up on it when the time comes, right now, Im still collecting parts.

I traded for a complete (part#21060) Banks sidewinder turbo kit for my 86 and the only problem is its for a c6, and my truck is a t-19. Ive searched till my eyes bled, and calling Banks is too easy.

Does anyone know whats different? I read somewhere the DP is the only difference. Is that true? Can the C6 DP be made to work? Anything else im forgetting?
Does anyone want to trade a C6 DP and dipstick kit for the correct DP I need?
Im also planning a ZF swap in the future. Is there anything that will cause me problem between the t-19 and ZF?

Thanks in advance.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They only list one downpipe for their wastegated turbo (C6, T19, ZF5, or E4OD).

Heath

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference is the dipstick tube. Everything else is the same for any ford truck. When you get into the van kits they are different from the truck kits.

Go here, it should help with your install. Any other questions just ask.
BANKS INSTALL MANUAL

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
They only list one downpipe for their wastegated turbo (C6, T19, ZF5, or E4OD).

Heath

That is excellent news! :thumbsup: I dont know where I got the DP difference stuck in my head? Seems like I read it 2-3 places? Anyway,thats cool, now I can get going on the install sooner than I thought. ;Sweet

Thanks for the help and offers. This place does have the best info so far. Here's a few teaser pics.

Anyone need a Banks dipstick?

Attachments

• IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0169.jpg
    IMAG0169.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 2

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That is excellent news! :thumbsup: I dont know where I got the DP difference stuck in my head? Seems like I read it 2-3 places? Anyway,thats cool, now I can get going on the install sooner than I thought. ;Sweet

The non gated Banks turbos require a different set of up pipes.:puke:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Thats where I mixed it up at. Thanks, I thought I was going crazy...turns out Im only half crazy. :D

No worries. I just installed my second Banks wastegated turbo. If you have any problems/questions, just ask. Some photos in my crew cab webshots album. Just follow the link in my signature.;Sweet

Heath

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I would be interested inthe dipstick if i can use it with my factory turbo on my girlfriends truck

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
No worries. I just installed my second Banks wastegated turbo. If you have any problems/questions, just ask. Some photos in my crew cab webshots album. Just follow the link in my signature.;Sweet

Heath

Yes. I have been following them. Great threads and nice work. Cant wait to see it all done.

how much you want for it?

I would be interested inthe dipstick if i can use it with my factory turbo on my girlfriends truck

Im not sure, I already have an offer on the table right now I am considering.... If it falls thru, you guys are next in line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online