A/C Evaporator Box Access Port

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A G.I.Joe-sized manhole in your Evaporator Box.

Useful for spraying Evening in Paris into the air-stream.

Can also be used for Freon Sniffer probes and remote camera access to look for flourescent dye.

Drill a hole in an extra plastic cap and poke the needle of a dairy inspection thermometer down in there so you don't have to keep running back and forth between the dash vents and under the hood.

That is a standard plastic male water-hose coupling with the barbed nipple sawed off.

The hole was cut with a Forstner Bit; a step-drill would have been ideal if I had one that large.

Hot-Melt Glue secures it inside and out.

Not shown in the pictures, a plain old plastic hose cap caps it off.

Had I have had the necessities at hand, I would have used a brass NPT x Water-hose Male x Male and drilled/tapped the hole to fit; then, I would have used a brass cap; the brass would have looked a bit more professional.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have already used this to spritz Mr. Clean into the air-stream; it was all the wife had at hand that was similar to Lysol or Pine Sol; one thing for certain, the air coming through sure smells clean now.

I thought I would use the Mr. Clean to kill the bacteria, mold, mildew, and mice and roaches and then follow it up with Evening in Paris to make things smell really nice.

You must be registered for see images attach

The frazzled fabric is cut from the coveralls from a moon landing that I found in the dumpster behind the TV studio back in 1968; it is supposed to withstand millions of degrees of heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online