The Ford forums are not going anywhere.

Max Power

Reaction score
I just want to let you guys know that the Ford forums at oilburners are not going anywhere. superdutydiesel.com does not change anything at oilburners.net We will not change a thing unless you guys want it changed. It's business as usual. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I just want to let you guys know that the Ford forums at oilburners are not going anywhere. superdutydiesel.com does not change anything at oilburners.net We will not change a thing unless you guys want it changed. It's business as usual. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Too many Ford diesel webpages. I like oilburners.net, though, and have NO plans to leave. Having 3 good sources of information on Ford diesels is nice, but I think will dilute some of the richness we enjoyed at TDS and later, here.

Seems to me I should go start a website strictly for IDI trucks and related hop-ups.

;)

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I share Mike's concerns. I'm not sure how others feel, but one possible solution would be to take the IDI forums off of Superduty.com since they really didn't fit that moniker very much. I think many of us like it here and don't want to be forced to refocus elsewhere.

Max Power

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I will talk that over with the team and see what they think. It's definately something we can consider. If you guys are comfortable here, by all means, stay here.

I hope SDD won't detract too much from here and hopefully will attract more new users that maybe aren't members here or anywhere else. Time will tell. Let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more comfortable. :)

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I dont know a lot of how the back end of these forums work. But it would seem SDD could just pull from these forums. IE only one set of threads, usable from both sites?

Max Power

Reaction score
You would pretty much have to link on to the other, which is another option. We might just link the forum at SDD over to here. The only problem with that is someone coming to that site first would also have to register over here. I'll think it through and I will defiantely run it by you guys to make sure you are ok with it. I am not going to take anything away from you guys. You have a good thing going here, no use screwing with it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I share Mike's concerns. I'm not sure how others feel, but one possible solution would be to take the IDI forums off of Superduty.com since they really didn't fit that moniker very much. I think many of us like it here and don't want to be forced to refocus elsewhere.
I'm of the same opinion too. I do like it here more and more for a very simple reason of not having to look over my shoulder over non politically correct posts.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im gonna jump in and ask a question... I like OB, and plan to keep adding teh here, and over there... And I understand not wanting to move 100 percent.

Can we make this IDI section at OB any better for you guys. We have a gret base with you guys here, and if you guys are in for the long haul, lets make it the best we can for ya. Do you need any sub forums? IS there anything we can do for you?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:

I agree also,

OB has been good to me for the time I have been here so far and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Heck, even drug a refugee or two over also. :draw

It does seem to me that we are a way different breed than the PSD'ers(saying this owning one of each :eek: ) and more down to earth as to help each other rather than ostricize someone who's idea or modification is good to do. :confused:
Ya I know opinions and everybodys' got one or 2 but just being a casual group can get info applied in a hurry.

There's is an awful lot of info that can be shared by all as tech articles or just plain ole "hey I did it this way and it works pretty dang good".

Pervious encounter of getting saved threads wiped out for archive purposes. One individual needing the information and tada, it's gone. Thank goodness the data was saved on my puter for my info. Time for a tech article I think. It paid off to share with the individual in pm to keep things from getting off the subject by " I wouldn't do that" conversations.

For me the relaxed atmosphere here makes it easier to ask a question that for many might be simple, but me being the greenhorn to the IDI, I might just need that little key piece of info that helps me on the skoolin!
Or just a little plain ole BS'in to keep things on a friendly atmosphere.

Ok, sorry to hog the soapbox for so long. Just my 0.02.

Ron

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
Im gonna jump in and ask a question... I like OB, and plan to keep adding teh here, and over there... And I understand not wanting to move 100 percent.

Can we make this IDI section at OB any better for you guys. We have a gret base with you guys here, and if you guys are in for the long haul, lets make it the best we can for ya. Do you need any sub forums? IS there anything we can do for you?
I know the articles are posted by 95_stroker but can we set up a short FAQ section? Info that doesn't require a lengthy write up, like torque specs, how to do a quick ID, etc.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, we can add a FAQ sub-forum, you guys can post in if you wish..... I'd like to hear more ideas from you guys so we can set this place up like YOU want it..... ;)

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 cents....

The need for more hierarchy, i.e. sub-forums and such, is directly related to the volume of posts times the number of subjects. There just ain't that much of either here so far; so I vote against any more forums. I really do prefer it all in one place. If it gets to be thousands of posts a day, on 200 subjects, then maybe it's time to split some of it off...

Heck, one of the things I like most here is having the 69 and 73 in one place! :D

...besides the non-**** hands-off owners, I mean... :D THANKS! for making a place where us adults can hang out!

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
well, i'm just starting to spend more time here, but i'll chime in...
my first impression of OB was that it was much more social than technical - not that that's a bad thing.
as OB matures, i think more tech info is accumulating, hence making it a site i visit more often (though traffic is still pretty slow, which makes me wonder why another board was created - plus i get the benefit of being able to 'let my hair down' & chat with virtual buddies in a much more casual & less moderated forum.
plus (and i hate to say this - especially as a newbie), i think good threads get lost in all the 'glow plug' 'battery' 'injectors' 'tires', etc questions over at TDS, mainly by users that don't bother to do a simple search, or even look at a thread from yesterday.

bottom line: keep up the staus quo - it'll only get better from here. if SDD stays, link the IDI forums to these to keep our close knit community... well, close knit. create that FAQ sticky, but maybe only allow certain "elected" members to post new threads (or FAQ's) so somebody like me can't get overzealous & publish bad advice.

now, as to making our basement more comfortable... how about a fridge to keep the beer cold? is a coffee pot in the corner too much to ask? maybe a blacklight? summer is coming - we could use a window A/c unit :rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the only thing I can think of that I would like to see change, is the default view for the tech articles. To someone who might stumble in there, it looks empty unless you change the date range. I would think due to the nature of the tech articles, that they should all be displayed at all times. If we ever get more than one page worth, perhaps then they can go into sub folders that would catagorize the article. Calvin, I'm supposed to be doing a write up like the one you asked for. Just haven't had time yet. If someone wants to beat me to it, have at it. Otherwise, I'm quite content with the status quo here.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mel-
thanks for all your work. I can't stay on a keyboard long enough to work up those articles you've been writing. If somebody hung out with me and recorded the snipets of info I have learned over the years, and put it into the form you write it in, that would be the only way it will get done. Perhaps a priject for my daughter when she gets a little older. :D