WMO systems & magnets

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you using WMO are you guys using any magnets on your systems.
I've got a 3" round magnet from a speaker a buddy gave me for my kids science experiment. Wondering if anyone else has noticed any differences with a magnet in the system.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I bought a few magnets and put them at the bottom of my mixing drum. I haven't checked them yet, but they should catch whatever settles to the bottom of it.

ckelly94

Reaction score
I was looking into the really powerful neodymium magnets on ebay that are small enough to drop a few along side each of my 10" filter cartridges. That way, you could tell what is sticking to them and clean them easily rather than dropping them into a steel barrel and never knowing.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i am not sure they will help much, most engine particles are not ferrite metal that would be attracted to a magnet.

still wouldent hurt at all and i am curiouse if anyone shows they can catch a bunch.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I added some hard drive magnets to my filters. I will cut them up when I replace the filters to see if they catch anything.

PZ

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pick up 100 gallons or so next weekend! That will put me at around 300-350 gallons.