thanks for having me.

oasis towing

Reaction score
hello everyone i recentally purchased a 92 ford f450 with the idi diesel iam looking to learn all i can to keep the diesel mechanic away from my truck!"and checking account"lets all see were this crazy thng goes?

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello everyone i recentally purchased a 92 ford f450 with the idi diesel iam looking to learn all i can to keep the diesel mechanic away from my truck!"and checking account" lets all see were this crazy thing goes?
Being an F-Super Duty (F450/550) I hope your parking brake works! Those are a pain on these bigger trucks… but if your parking brake works, it probably works well… just make sure not to try and drive off with it engaged, that will destroy it. Shouldn’t be able to overpower the brake unless the pads are worn. The pads are non adjustable so they have to be replaced if worn in the slightest. Best bet is to remove the whole thing from the truck to replace the pads. Check drum runout too, replacement drums aren’t too hard to find. And above all make sure it has oil in the park brake hub assembly, check the level weekly. If it depletes completely you will cook the bearings out of the thing, very expensive and difficult to rebuild the driveline brake…

The service brakes will treat you well as they are designed to be loaded all the time.

These IDI engines have their quirks, can be temperamental to start in cold weather, and they are underpowered, but are reliable enough.

Is it auto or manual?