So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Found out the hard way that the 87-88 HVAC panel is not plug and play into my truck… looks like there are many different kinds of HVAC vacuum control systems…
I'm not surprised. I tried to swap one from a 84?, 85? Bronco into my 81 F150. They look almost the same from the outside, I was told that they'd swap, but they're pretty different on the back side. I just put the stock one back into my 81. I wasn't too upset about it since I only gave $10 for the other one.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got my new to me axle installed.
For the life of me I can't find the u bolt torque spec, does anyone have it handy? I think its 150-210 ftlbs but want to make sure

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Last edited:

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww yeah

You must be registered for see images attach

I wish I could lift up the back of my truck with a hoist… a late model 12000lb skid steer loader won’t pick it up…

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I wish I could lift up the back of my truck with a hoist… a late model 12000lb skid steer loader won’t pick it up…
Isn't yours a service truck though with a tool bed box on it? I bet it weights a lot!

@DougBoy66 looks nice! That headache rack looks neat! Gonna transplant a new heart into her?

DougBoy66

Reaction score
That headache rack looks neat! Gonna transplant a new heart into her?
Thank you! It's Armordillo brand. It doesn't quite fit right but I think I have a fix for it. I do have a transplantation not quite finished

Had the E4OD rebuilt and the DANA 50 in the front done so hopefully it will finally go under its own power

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Thank you! It's Armordillo brand. It doesn't quite fit right but I think I have a fix for it. I do have a transplantation not quite finished

Had the E4OD rebuilt and the DANA 50 in the front done so hopefully it will finally go under its own power
Dana 50 is an underrated axle in my opinion. Definitely made my old mans truck have a smoother ride unloaded vs a Dana 60

DougBoy66

Reaction score
Dana 50 is an underrated axle in my opinion. Definitely made my old mans truck have a smoother ride unloaded vs a Dana 60
I agree. It has some challenges with being lifted to extremes. Can't count how many times the only advice you can get is rip it out an get a 60. This truck has it working hard everyday life behind it lol