Rat chewed under dash wiring

joshjjones

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the site, first time posting.

I just got a 92' F350 7.3L IDI, manual transmission, 4x4 from an online auction. So the truck had some unseen issues. I've discovered some rodent chewed wires in the cab/dash. Looks like the previous owner replaced the 2 plugs coming through the fire wall with about a foot of wire still attached. Some of the wires he has spliced together don't match in color. I am having some instrument cluster issues. Thinking the plugs used might have been from a different year truck.

Does anybody have the cab/dash wiring diagrams for a 92' F350 7.3L IDI, manual trans, 4x4?

Thanks

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help, but I only have the wiring diagrams for an 86 f350. But, welcome to the forum and I gotta say, I like your avatar. One of my favorite movies... fill your hand you son of a *****. Classic!!! :Thumbs Up

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your less-than-good luck on your wiring...but...the flip side is it gives you an opportunity to get up-close-and-personal with your truck....a lot of us have been there...

I had my interior out...pulled down to the bulkhead...I know what I have now and it was a lot of discovery...I am glad that I did...

On the John Wayne thing...I gotta get the new 'True Grit' movie...I saw it once but that one is good enough to see a bunch of times...

Hard to beat 'Ol Clint in 'Josey Wales'....too....

Back to your truck....I am sure that you will find lots of help here to fix up your machine...you came to the right place...a lot of sharp and capable folks here...

Good luck.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
On the John Wayne thing...I gotta get the new 'True Grit' movie...I saw it once but that one is good enough to see a bunch of times...
I've seen it, but I prefer the John Wayne version. Not that the one with Jeff Brides isn't good, but John Wayne's had more humor in it. Plus Jeff's ends after he's dead while John's ends on a high note with him jumping a horse over a 5 rail fence.
Hard to beat 'Ol Clint in 'Josey Wales'....too....
Another classic.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my interior out...pulled down to the bulkhead
This is something I need to do and it'll have to happen in a few years when I have more time.
I gotta get the new 'True Grit' movie...I saw it once but that one is good enough to see a bunch of times..
I saw that one once, I thought it was good, but like @IDIBRONCO said, I still prefer the original.
Hard to beat 'Ol Clint in 'Josey Wales'
Now you're talking!!! I must've seen that one at least 30 times, even read the book.
a lot of sharp and capable folks here.
Ditto with that, Mr humility. :hail

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must've seen that one at least 30 times, even read the book.
I'll have to find that book...did not know it existed...thank you for that.

Josey Wales is a doggone good movie...the book oughta be better...

In the first 'True Grit' movie...the 'writ for a rat' scene is pretty funny...

so is the 'winged Pegasus' scene...

(sigh)... looks like another amazon order....

jumping a horse over a 5 rail fence.

That is tough to do...and stay on the horse...

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to find that book
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the book I have. He actually wrote two books, (this has both of them) and Clint never got around to making the second movie as he intended.
looks like another amazon order.
Hang tough little soldier, you can do it. If money was meant to be held onto it would come with handles. :thumbsup:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum joshjjones,

I only have a 85, 86 & 87 but lacking on any wiring diagrams
for any of them.
I see this thread talking about 350 diagrams.

Doing a search on e-bay comes up with manuals on our trucks.

Or here is a Google search .

Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosrednA

Members online