Pto fitment

nolaninblaine

Reaction score
Ive been having a hell of a time trying to get solid info on a pto conversion.

Truck is a 86 f350 rollback. Has a 7.3idi with T-19. Chelsea Pto mounts on drivers side. Im swapping over to a zf5-42 from an 87 diesel f350. I planned on mounting it is the same location. Drivers side forward position. By the bellhousing.

The pto is a 442 series. They are supposed to adapt to damn near anything. Ive called all over the country trying to find someone who knows what gears are needed to concert it to the zf5.

Any Parker-Chelsea experts on here?

Also the drive gear in the zf is 41 tooth count

Attachments

• IMG_7571.jpeg
    IMG_7571.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7572.jpeg
    IMG_7572.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7511.jpeg
    IMG_7511.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 4

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
That could be a rough go. I used to have a catalog.... and the number of gear variations is staggering.

You might have an easier time digging around for a PTO originally off a ZF5 trans. I got one on a core I picked up.

Besides local ads, try www.car-part.com for a trans and read the results carefully.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and another guy just went through this. Those PTOs are transmission specific. And I have a suspicion that they're application specific too. Swapping the side it's on is an issue too.

In a miraculous series of events, @85rollback and I just happened to need each others exact ptos at about the same time. It was an absolute miracle provided by The God of Heaven that sent His Son Jesus to save our souls and @85rollback to get me and him the correct PTOs........a miracle......a MIRACLE!!!

W e had to work at it, but they're both installed and he has the tranny and PTO he wants and I have the tranny and PTO I want...,...A MIRACLE!!!! I TELL YOU!!!!

Good luck with your endeavor, I wish all transactions were as easy and pleasant as we had.