Has anyone seen 3 leaf front spring on 4x4 F350

crabbypaul

Reaction score
I have rarely posted on here but have lurked for years. Since 1983 there has been 6.9 on this farm that my grandfather bought new we still have that engine. This pickup is 1986 extended cab but I believe the Dana 60 is from a 95 (i not 100% sure) that had these springs and front axle. When it was purchased it had blown 460 and 10.5 foot diamond snowplow could these be special snow plow springs this thing has no give in the suspension. My son wants to drive it to school and complained about the ride ,before last week it was only used with a goose neck stock trailer moving cattle around and as a farm truck. It has a snow plow mount on it but there has not been a snow plow on it in many year. Could some one that has a normal F350 give me the front spring code of the door jam? That is what the spring shop is asking me for to ordered springs. Also does anyone know how to tell what year this Dana 60 is for sure it has the leaking inner axle seals and if my kid is driving it the front hubs will be locked for the next 5 months starting in October or when we get snow here and the axle can not be leaking the lube out.

Attachments

• IMG_6555.jpg
    IMG_6555.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6557.jpg
    IMG_6557.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 35

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't think the door jamb tag is going to say the spring code. My 1990 f350 stock spring are only 2 leaf.

As for the axle, that is a newer Dana 60, looks like it has ball joints instead of king pins. I'm sure @u2slow will correct me, but I think ball joint axle started in 1992?

Kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt if it's stock, my 87 had two pack springs, I added a add a leaf to mine, to level it out.,

WrenchWhore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps any but my front spring code in my cab and chassis 1987 F350 460 4x4:
EW 167 86
EOTA NA (two leaf pack)

Rear leaf pack is the 10 leaf narrow 2.25" rear spring pack. Seems like F-450 springs to me.

Dana 60 DOM number should be stamped on the front of the axle tube more towards the middle of the axle. May need to clean the tube with a wire brush to read it.

If you aren't using the plow I'd totally just pull the lower leaf, make it a two leafer, and call it a day. With that being said my truck rides like a brick sh** house regardless.

Last edited:

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are the usual F350 C&C springs.

F-Superduty had 3" wide leafs packs, mounted to beefy cast/forged hangers.
Yes. With either 3 or 4 leafs per side in front. I think depending on suspension package. My 94 has 3 front and 12 rear, and my 91 has 4 front and 20 rear. Per side.

I doubt they are F-Superduty springs, your truck would be ungodly tall with those springs on a Dana 60

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs hanging out and cut off square like that do not look factory. Just get in there and take a leaf out.

img_6557-jpg.165190

Timber-Reaper

Reaction score
Those are the factory ttb front axle springs someone installed that newer Dana 60 with the factory springs. Indeed that will ride like complete a**. Indeed get a set of factory Dana 60 springs or aftermarket springs

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the factory ttb front axle springs someone installed that newer Dana 60 with the factory springs. Indeed that will ride like complete a**. Indeed get a set of factory Dana 60 springs or aftermarket springs
I thought the TTB springs had a negative arch? In other words, higher in the middle, lower on each end.