banks turbo

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Were can I find a rebuild kit (bushings, and seals) for my Banks wastegated turbo , I called the local rebuild shop he wants 700.00 for a new center section, or send it to him he will rebulid it for 400.00. This thing isnt in that bad a shape I just want to freshin it up before I mount it up. I rebuild hydraulic pumps for a living how hard is it to put in some rings and bushings.;Sweet thanks in advance ED turbo specs banks #24010 model # TE06H ser# 09147

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
i did my factory garret t3/t4 and it was easy

just a couple snap rings and bolts

but you have to mark where every thing goes in relation to the wheel and spindle and nut etc so when you put it back together everything is in the exact* same place

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Were can I find a rebuild kit (bushings, and seals) for my Banks wastegated turbo , I called the local rebuild shop he wants 700.00 for a new center section, or send it to him he will rebulid it for 400.00. This thing isnt in that bad a shape I just want to freshin it up before I mount it up. I rebuild hydraulic pumps for a living how hard is it to put in some rings and bushings.;Sweet thanks in advance ED turbo specs banks #24010 model # TE06H ser# 09147

Send a PM to TYP4........ He will tell you exactly what is involved in the rebuild and can tell you where to get the parts. He also rebuilds turbo's for forum members and knows his stuff.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Ive already taken it apart and its not that complicated, they say its a misubishi turbo and parts have to come from japan. Im hopping Russ knows what to do I ll pm him later. thanks for your replys ED

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do bear in mind on the Banks turbo, much of the large pieces is proprietary Banks items. Mitubishi manyfactures it under contract. That is the biggest drawback on running a Banks product. If the large parts aren't damaged, the bushings and seals aren't that bad on the wallet but do be careful on how it goes back together. Dsl Dog Catcher learned that the hard way. He ended up ruining a large piece. PM Russ, he'll lay it all out to you.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Ok Russ what did, or didnt the dog catcher do that ended that turbos life. lol:puke: any thing avalible for these turbos. Ill PM you later its late here. thanks ED

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icanfixall has done a lot of research into sourcing parts for Banks wastegated turbos. Sounds like Calvin has more or less laid it out for you. Hopefully you don't need any of the "Large Parts" that are proprietary to Banks/Mitsu. Sounds like maybe you're just trying to get good seals and bearings in there? Good luck.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Doug what kit did you order from the place on ebay(Rons turboservice). it seems I have aTE06H he shows aTD06 and they look like the rite parts for my Banks.;Sweet ED

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I got one that was listed for the Sidewinder on an IDI. The kits f-two-fiddy listed look like they have the same parts. Probably should send them an email to verify in case Banks has some screwy changes in theirs.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok Russ what did, or didnt the dog catcher do that ended that turbos life. lol:puke: any thing avalible for these turbos. Ill PM you later its late here. thanks ED

Ed, on the TO4B's there's 2 little retaining collars, that hold the cartridge assembly into the housing. When I reinstalled the one for the exhaust side it had gotten twisted slightly causing a bind on the shaft.

When I fired it up the damage had already been done.

It bent the shaft enough to throw it all out of whack and caused the compressor wheel to make contact with the housing rendering it and the center section useless. :puke:

It was sent out and returned back witha new center section and had the same problem.
The shop that rebuilt it stood by their warranty and rebuilt it again. The guys there are great!

That little clip has to go in unforced and will only fit one way otherwise plan on acquiring a new center section.

The TEO6H's are slightly different tho.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These turbos are simple but.... They need to be balanced so they wont eat themselves when you run them... Remember they run up around 120,000 rpm...:eek: Thats 2000 rpm per second.... any out of balance and they destroy things.. Ture... Mitsibishi makes these and they will sell you any part that you have a part number for.... Otherwise your out of luck... They wont help you with numbers... Just sell you a aprt.... Rus is the person I trust with these items. A simple bushing and seal kit will cost around $200.00 but have it balanced... It will last longer that way... The $700.00 center section is way out of line for cost... Around $550.00 is more in line cost wise but Russ has all this info....

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
I Pm Russ he said he has never done one for lack of parts, gess Ill bite the bullit and send it in and have it rebuilt:dunno thanks for all the help ED

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online