Anyone using Mini Leaf Springs?

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Sky Offroad FSR and rear conversion kits.
During my search for new leaf springs I came across those mini leaf springs that fit.
Has anyone used those, and if so, what do you think?
I'm dropping it from a 4" to a 2" lift during the conversion.
Will still have plenty of wheel clearance, and it should only put the running board around knee level.
Keeping the rear 4", it'll be an acceptable posture, and I think it'll help when towing.
Thanks

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
For smaller lift increments, a small spacer (like ORD's zero-rate) or longer shackles have worked for me. With the shackle moved to the rear of the spring, a longer shackles adds some caster angle - which is usually desirable.

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For smaller lift increments, a small spacer (like ORD's zero-rate) or longer shackles have worked for me. With the shackle moved to the rear of the spring, a longer shackles adds some caster angle - which is usually desirable.
Did you mean that with the FSR moving to the back the long leaf spring gives a better caster?
Is that because the spread out load bearing spring is holding the truck in front of the now reversed shackle, reducing the negative caster?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Did you mean that with the FSR moving to the back the long leaf spring gives a better caster?
Is that because the spread out load bearing spring is holding the truck in front of the now reversed shackle, reducing the negative caster?
No, caster is the tilt of the axle in the truck. It can also be manipulated with shims. With a front shackle, it would take a shorter one to increase caster (not practical).

The RSK itself may change the caster (depending on design parameters) but longer shackles than provided would add more caster and lift regardless.

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, caster is the tilt of the axle in the truck. It can also be manipulated with shims. With a front shackle, it would take a shorter one to increase caster (not practical).

The RSK itself may change the caster (depending on design parameters) but longer shackles than provided would add more caster and lift regardless.
From what I've read just using OEM springs from 08-16 will add 2" lift, front or back.
Do you know if that's true?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I know the later springs are longer, no much else.

Lift amount would depend on how the relocated hangers are positioned.