Return line question

Rupert8

Reaction score
Doesn't get any easier than this

True - and I am the proud owner of a set, as above, with a couple already installed on the return line. And they came with a bumper sticker which is always bonus points in my book.... Thanks. But looking for the fuel pump outlet type and sizing if anyone has it to try to get the hard line replaced today if possible.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood your question, are you referring to the injection pump return line? Because that is just npt pipe thread, use thread tape.

Rupert8

Reaction score
Hi, looking for the fitting specs for the fuel pump outlet (to the fuel filter). Planning to install a rubber hose to replace the steel line with the heater.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine to rubber hose several years ago. It`s 3/8" hose. As I remember I used a brass fitting, Barb/threaded. Just don`t remember the thread size.

When you get the hose on, remember to fill the hose with Fuel, ATF etc... before attaching it to the Filter. Don`t need to add air to the system, and cranking on the engine etc...

I use one of those meat syringes the $ store use to sell, really handy. Haven`t seen them since the Covid Scam.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hi, looking for the fitting specs for the fuel pump outlet (to the fuel filter). Planning to install a rubber hose to replace the steel line with the heater.
That's a flared fitting. There's no seal except for the flared end on the steel line. The nut is just to hold the flare tight. You could always cut off the lower end of the steel line that fits inside the lift pimp and put a piece of 3/8" fuel line on that to go up to the filter inlet.