Cold idle advance override

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well that took more time to photograph than it did to comlete the mod. :eek:
I now can at the flip of a toggle switch and a stomp on the throttle pedal set my idle back high. With the cooler weather :rolleyes: and the little Butts in tow it makes for the cabin to warm up a little quicker, keep some juice flowing to the batteries and keeps the rpms up a bit to keep from wet stacking the cylinders. ;Sweet
Gotta thank the Goatboy for the diagram and Exercise goat herding boy for the diode.

I will get some photos posted but will do a writeup for all who wish to try. Very simple to do and only took about an hour to complete. ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Cool... Now we just have to get you to install an exhaust brake and you'll really be amazed at how quickly it warms up... Plus how quickly it slows down as well

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Well that took more time to photograph than it did to comlete the mod. :eek:
I now can at the flip of a toggle switch and a stomp on the throttle pedal set my idle back high. With the cooler weather :rolleyes: and the little Butts in tow it makes for the cabin to warm up a little quicker, keep some juice flowing to the batteries and keeps the rpms up a bit to keep from wet stacking the cylinders. ;Sweet
Gotta thank the Goatboy for the diagram and Exercise goat herding boy for the diode.

I will get some photos posted but will do a writeup for all who wish to try. Very simple to do and only took about an hour to complete. ;Sweet

Ron, since you were foolish enough to volunteer, I'll expect your write up in my in-box by next year. LOL

Actually, I have to do the same thing. Although mine is going to be more complex. In order to be satisfied with the way my remote starter works, I'm coming up with the following. The cold temp sensor switch will feed it's output back into the cab. There, switches will allow automatic or manual operation of either the cold advance, or high idle. Tied to this, my glow plug controller will take input from the cold temp sensor, and starter crank circuit from the remote start unit. If the cold temp sensor is off, the remote start will bypass the glow plug circuit, and start the truck. If the sensor is on, then the glow plug controller will take over the activiation of the starter, after the glow plugs have been heated. Sounds fun eh?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
argve said:
Cool... Now we just have to get you to install an exhaust brake and you'll really be amazed at how quickly it warms up... Plus how quickly it slows down as well

You must be registered for see images

Gotta get that air stuffer on there first.

Agnem said:
Ron, since you were foolish enough to volunteer, I'll expect your write up in my in-box by next year.
Mel, I know I opened the door on that one but what the hey just one more thing to do.

Not a problem. ;Sweet

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score

i love it,that so fits here ;Sweet LOL
we that added to the list,along with the toothless smile

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
cool, Ron. glad it was easy... think my simple mind can grasp it?
do you still have it at the OE setting of 850ish? i'll probably use this mod for a good excuse to hardwire & mount the inverter in the truck and was thinking of bumping it up a bit :confused:

Ron, since you were foolish enough to volunteer, I'll expect your write up in my in-box by next year.
let's just hope it doesn't take him as long to write it up as it did for him to harpoon the fuel tanks :eek:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
cool, Ron. glad it was easy... think my simple mind can grasp it?
Yep shouldn't be a problem. :rolleyes:
Do you still have it at the OE setting of 850ish? i'll probably use this mod for a good excuse to hardwire & mount the inverter in the truck and was thinking of bumping it up a bit :confused:
Upped it to 1000rpm and keeps the voltage in good shape with the alternator spinning faster. ;Sweet
let's just hope it doesn't take him as long to write it up as it did for him to harpoon the fuel tanks :eek:
Just for you I'll get right on it there
boy. :D