Osborne County Fair Tractor & Truck Pull

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
O.k., here's a little preliminary info, on our County Fair event.

Sunday, July 31st, 2:00 p.m. Antique tractor pull, followed by Ugly Truck Contest, followed by Pickup Pull. Probably start truck pulls around 6:30-7:00. $10 hitch fee. Grandstand admission $2, what a bargain. All entries must have current tags, registration, and insurance. All drivers must have a valid driver's license.

Travel Directions will be available to interested parties, closer to event date.

I hear there are some folks gunning for last years winner, The Crossbreed.
(Ya I'm talkin to you Luke) :draw

This is a pretty casual event, mostly stock daily drivers. No big trophies, although, there MIGHT be some payback, no promises. Last year, I won, and got my hitch fee back. LOL

Fair books and posters are going to the printer, soon. Dates and times are subject to change, until then.

Last edited:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
We gotta get some more local folks onto this. Just too much fun, to keep to ourselves.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I think we had 6, last year. Maybe a couple more at Alton Jubilee. We ought to get a few more, since we are advertised, this year.

I'd be happy with a dozen, but won't be too dissapointed, with the fuel prices, and all.

One of the local gear-jammers has big wood to take me down, so you two may have to duke it out, for #1. So far he's been all talk, no walk. I don't think you'll be quite so easy. :shake: :draw

The sled operator is a pretty cool guy, but he's a stickler for safety. Anybody that shows up with an open can, might as well stay home.

If I get my pool table rebuilt by then, we can cruise down to the shop afterwards, for a couple :cheers: , and a couple racks.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Got the posters last night, but haven't got a pic, yet.

The Antique Tractor Pull IS at 2:00 on Sunday, July 31st.

The Ugly Truck Contest is at 6:00, on the midway. Prize for 1st: An overhauled Big A creeper, plus some cash prizes.

The Truck Pull starts at 7:00, $10 hitch fee. All trucks must be tagged/registered, and drivers must have a valid license.

The other Fair attractions will be posted, on the poster. (When I get it photo'd)

lukecline

Reaction score
im gonna try and make it, dont think my truck will do well in the ugly truck contest though. Any prizes for the pulls, or is it just exhibition?

later, luke

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
lukecline said:
Any prizes for the pulls, or is it just exhibition?

Holy Chit! I never even thought to ask about that. I've been doing it, just so I can razz the Ferd crew, and The Crossbreed's former owner.

I guess I got $10 last year, from a 6 rig roster. The hitch fee was $5, and I donated the other $5 to the Fair Board. Hitch fee went up this year, mostly because of fuel price, and that we were cheaper than everyone else.

This Just In
Talked to the Prez, and payback is 50%. $10 hitch fee. Half ($5) goes to the sled operator, and half will be the purse. 1st gets 50% of the purse, 2nd get 30%, 3rd gets 20%. Depending on how many show up, and what kind of rigs we get, we might break out into separate classes, i.e. 4x4, 2x4. Maybe even weight breaks, if we have more than expected. basically, we are going to play it by ear, and try to keep it fun for everybody.

I'm planning on pulling The Crossbreed, and maybe the 62.

The More That Play, The More We Pay!! Bring a friend, bring an enemy, or just bring an extra truck. It won't make you rich, or handsome, but believe me, it's well worth the bragging rights, for a year.

Last edited:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
For whomever shows up.

East Main is closed for construction. Isn't that handy? What moron schedules road construction, the week of the County Fair?

If you come from the North, or South, turn East at Corner Cupboard (Shell Station), 1 block south of 1st & Main, and go straight until you run out of road. The rock road that goes past the Feed Mill, will take you straight onto the track entrance road.

Unless it rains, we are scheduled to be on the bottom of the front stretch, pits behind the stage.

If you come in off of 281/County 388(from the East), They are working on 281 South of Downs, and the RR track at Corinth are a launch pad. So my Step-Dad tells me. Turn off 388, between the Rural Fire Barn(which isn't marked), and the County Shop(which is poorly marked).

Luke should have my Cell #, from bomb day. Anybody else, drop me a PM, here, and I'll try to check it regularly, until them.

There is a kid from Beloit, that is bringing an old Massey(?), with a smallblock Chev. I don't know if he will run with the antiques, or pickups, yet.

If I don't get busy, or brain fried, I'll try to remember my camera.