Time for a New Trans,....and Motor!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok, Stay with me here, this could get confusing,....

My C6 has been a little weak going into 2nd gear for over a year now, Last year I bought a C6 with 30K on a rebuild with a shift kit installed for $200.00 It has been in my garage for when I "needed" to install it.

About a Month ago I found a 7.3IDI and tranny with only 33,000 miles on a rebuild. It came out of a 90 Brinks Van. The price,.......are you ready for this,......$500.00!

It was too good of a deal to pass up, I didnt need it but I bought it anyway.

Ok,..you with me so far,...here is where it gets interesting,...

The following week I was at the auction, and bought a 94 F250 Ex Cab 4x4 Turbo Diesel from Texas. Rust free, clean and solid,...with no motor! I did some checking and was able to get the bad motor, and all of the parts.

I can put the 33K motor in the 94 and have a nice truck to sell.

Here is the problem,....When am I going to ever have the opportunity to get a 33K motor and trans for only $500.00? Prolly never,...I want that in My truck!

So I called Ken,....hee,..hee,..He is going to R&R the motor AND Tranny in My truck, with the 33K mile motor and my 30K C6 that I have had, take the motor out of my truck, and install it in the 94 Texas truck, and I will then sell that truck.

Once the Texas truck is sold, I will have paid for the whole swap, and probablly have another $1K in my pocket

The best part about it is that I told Lori, and I have her blessing,..she said,...and I quote,..."whatever" ,...Hey it's not a "no".

How's that sound?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
MAN!
I had to give $800.00 for mine and it had a little less than 80k on it and came out of a 91 van :moon: .

Ya know, Darrin, you could just have your shipper just drop that 94 off at my place. Would save ya some shipping cost. :draw ;Sweet

Oh by the way July is getting closer. :popcorn
LOL
Ron

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Pacific said:
Some people have lucky horseshoes stuck up their *** :Q

Trying to find any kind of used IDI here is next to impossible without spending a fortune for it.

No wonder I walk so funny! ;)

I stumble across things like that because I Look for them. I am able to search tha classified of our local news paper online before it paper comes out. Most people don't even see it until after 4:00. I read it by 7AM. So when I see a good deal I am the first caller, and have the freedom to go and see whatever it is.

Like last week, There was an ad for a "1985 F250 Ex Cab 2WD $499.00" and that is about all the and said. So I called them, and the first thing that she said was "did he put in the ad that it was a Diesel?",..Needless to say I now own that truck too! :D It runs and drives excellent, has some body rust but is pretty solid. it is an XLT wiht all the options Cpt a Tac. Red and Silver, they were the 2nd owner and had the truck for 20 years. I will be driving that truck while mine is undergoing it's extensive surgery.

MAN!
I had to give $800.00 for mine and it had a little less than 80k on it and came out of a 91 van .

Ya know, Darrin, you could just have your shipper just drop that 94 off at my place. Would save ya some shipping cost.

Oh by the way July is getting closer.

Ron

Ron, The truck is already here in GR, in fact I bought it at the auction in Schoolcraft, So it was close to you already! not to rub it in or anything :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Ron, The truck is already here in GR, in fact I bought it at the auction in Schoolcraft, So it was close to you already! not to rub it in or anything :D

HA! :moon: :fart ;Poke :Thumbs Up

Ron

Gildo

Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Like last week, There was an ad for a "1985 F250 Ex Cab 2WD $499.00" they were the 2nd owner and had the truck for 20 years.

Let's see, the truck a 1985 model, therefore it is 20 years old, the previous owers owned it for 20 years and they are the second owner? :***: Is that right? Something here seems fishy to me.

Gil

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original owner must have traded it in when the payment book came.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Gildo said:
Let's see, the truck a 1985 model, therefore it is 20 years old, the previous owers owned it for 20 years and they are the second owner? :***: Is that right? Something here seems fishy to me.

Gil

Well let me tell you :***: ,....They bought it from the origional owner who only had it for a few months. Maybe it was 19 years and 7 months, whatever,...

Thanks for checkin in though,...

Gildo

Reaction score
Hey bro, I wasn't tryin' to slam you or anything, I was just doing the math and questioning the integrity of the seller. I have no doubt that what you said is what they told you.

Gil