Carrier fuel pump help needed.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I bought my Facet pump from Reichten international along with many other odds and ends for my truck. I would assume if they sold the pump (and they service transicolds) they would have it along with anyone else that carries the pump?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I emailed my guy to see if he can get parts for them. I'll let you know what he says! Did you break one? I have a spare pump if you're in dire need.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they sell them by themselves. I bought my pump at the local ThermoKing dealer. I was under the impression that they sell parts and these can be serviced. Heck even the cheaper Napa Knockoff of the Carrier pump without the see through bowl has a replaceable screen so I'm going to assume this one does.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I know if You ask for a filter there must be a good reason, they can be cleaned since the strainer is made from SS.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's cleanable. I want a spare so I can keep pumping as I am cleaning the plugged up one. besides, redundancy is a good thing.;Sweet

gandalf

Reaction score
pump is not broken. just clogged up with algae slime:eek:

Clogged up with algae slime is putting it quite mildly. That stuff is a cross between gorilla snot and crazy glue. I haven't found anything which will cut it, clean the screen. If anyone has suggestions I'd really like to hear them.

I ran the filter unit for 3-4 hours, filtering both tanks on my truck. I cleaned the screen a couple times as best I could, but finally admitted defeat. That algae is some nasty stuff.

Attachments

• DSCF7833.JPG
    DSCF7833.JPG
    768 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF7834.JPG
    DSCF7834.JPG
    786.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF7820.JPG
    DSCF7820.JPG
    960.7 KB · Views: 33

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
dude that looks like filter/strainers we use on our sonic cleaner tanks.... you might try measuring it and running down to a local industrial supply house and see what they might come up with. Yours looks to be a finer mesh than ours but I'm sure they can be purchased in varying degrees of filtration.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ken-
that's downright fugly.......
it's amazing how the pump was able to pull through that crud....:eek:
now that's stress testing;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Wow, maybe You have already but what about some of that killem stuff they talk about to stop that algae from getting worse (if that is even possible) and then filter. Heck at this point I would consider drooping the tanks and wash them.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it sounds like this filter is a little hard to come by, maybe it would be better to pull it through a golden rod with one of those sediment screens first, then through your pump, then through the regular golden rod or what ever filter set up you are using in the picture.

Just a thought,
Mark

gandalf

Reaction score
Wow, maybe You have already but what about some of that killem stuff they talk about to stop that algae from getting worse (if that is even possible) and then filter. Heck at this point I would consider drooping the tanks and wash them.

Theory says that the algae is already dead. I've run two treatments of BioBor in each tank, using more than half a bottle so far. That should have killed everything many times over.