6.9L "core" motor

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Sort of. It runs but knocks. Cylinder 8 is scuffed. Here's the thing, though. It has head studs, intake studs, exhaust studs, copper exhaust manifold gaskets, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds. Plus nothing else has more than 7000 miles.

$500 takes it. pick it up or work out your own shipping.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
was it ever bored out or is it typical 6.9 dimensions?

and what kinda time frame do i need on picking it up? (ie how long will you hold it)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I do know that the "troubled" cylinder was sleeved so that will alleviate some hassle.

Other than that, I've personally had my hands on it and I wished I had the coin to snag it up.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, this is a video of said motor. Heck for that money, I'd be interested in it too.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
was it ever bored out or is it typical 6.9 dimensions?

and what kinda time frame do i need on picking it up? (ie how long will you hold it)

it is bored .040 over. the deck was shaved .005 and the heads .007. the pistons were milled .060. i don't know if you want to get it going as it sits or just use the studs, gaskets, manifolds, and heads on your rebuild.

oh and if you send me the money, you and i can discuss how long it needs to sit in my garage.

barney

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I need this out of my garage. If you have any desire to buy head studs for your truck, I have them. Pay me what a new set of studs cost and you can have the entire motor. See details above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online