Inside a BB...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original BB's from 1988 stamped >CAV England (guess that's who made them) and the tip# 805C1 Bosch

You must be registered for see images attach

The BB below was the only one out of 8 that had shims (2) 028+017
Ain't nothing scary inside...heck if I could have got a new spring, tip, shims I would have rebuilt my original ones vs dealing with Pensacola.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much too them really. The shims aren't real visible in your photo. We made a decent one out of 2 bad ones at the 2006 (?) IDI Weekend, when EZ had a knock we were trying to fix. I doubt it was in spec though.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much too them really. The shims aren't real visible in your photo. We made a decent one out of 2 bad ones at the 2006 (?) IDI Weekend, when EZ had a knock we were trying to fix. I doubt it was in spec though.

2 shims (look like o-rings) shown in the lower picture...hey Mel, when putting it back together what's the torque # for that bottom cap? Super fine threads!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I can't say. Tighter than what it takes to take them out of a cylinder! LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The nozzle cap nut torque is 33 lbs. I know that sounds way too low but thats what my book says.:dunno

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hammer, by the time you buy tips you are at the cost of a new injector. Those are magic you know, it says so on the spring wire.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
None of the injection shops around here even rebuild the stanadyne type injectors anymore. it cost more to rebuild the things than it does for new ones. They consider those cheapie injectors disposable. They only rebuild the high end injectors like the Bosch where it comes out financially ahead to do so

Footnote, CAV is the same as Delphi which is is the injector that we all seem to be clammering for... Delphi , which is the modern incarnation of Lucas, Prince of Darkness :eek:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is why the injector tip is in such a black hole.LOL