100% WMO?

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys are running 100%? I've been running 50/50 and had no problems, but with warm weather upon us, I was thinking about going straight WMO. Are any of you guys having any trouble with 100%?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only person I know who runs 100% is Scott from Iowa. Met him at the 2004 rally. He spent most of his time doing this....
You must be registered for see images

Futzing with his fuel filter.

He loved his WMO so much he slept with it.

You must be registered for see images

He made it from Iowa to Michigan and back for free, so I guess you can't knock it. Myself, I don't like to go beyond 50%. Gets too hard to start.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so far as i know you arent going to be able to run that strong a mix without a good electric lift pump and some heat to the fuel to get it to flow.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
thanks cause we got quit a bit of synthetic gear oil going to give it a shot just waiting on my filter heads to get here from freightshaker

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Love the pics....
I have regular diesel in the tank up front that I start up and shut down on. I think if I use a red pump I could make it work.... Really like the idea of driving for free, especially with what diesel just hit today.

sassyrel

Reaction score
:D :D :D mel--!!!-- i was changing the fuel pump in that pic--cause the weather was cool--and when its about 50-55 outside--that 100% DOESNT like the stock pump----nothing wrong with the one i took off--but i didnt know for sure--its called learning curve!!---and the tank in the back of the truck--is now insulated with 1 in of foam--and the oil is going to be heated by engine antifreeze so it flows well----that semi tank had the original heater line already in it---and so you know--a few laughed at me at that event--but now others are doing it also-----yuk, yuk------:D but i didnt care--as mel said--my fuel cost was REAL low!!!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
thanks cause we got quit a bit of synthetic gear oil going to give it a shot just waiting on my filter heads to get here from freightshaker

I think gear oil is a bit thick, I wouldnt use it any more than a gallon or two per tank at the max.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I think gear oil is a bit thick, I wouldnt use it any more than a gallon or two per tank at the max.

its all mixed in with 15-40 so that ratio should be about right whats the worst that can happen i screw something up ill just have to get it fixed and let everybody know what not to do

FordGuy100

Reaction score
its all mixed in with 15-40 so that ratio should be about right whats the worst that can happen i screw something up ill just have to get it fixed and let everybody know what not to do

The worst that can happen, eh? How about getting your IP and injectors messed up, thats a costly fix (though I doubt it would happen).

Or what if your going down a 8% grade thats 5 miles long, and all the sudden your motor quites running, while you have 12000 pound trailer behind you. You dont have power steering or brakes, and your accelerating. Where are you then LOL, thats a pretty big what if though :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
easy pull the ejector seat lever......dooohhhh

the worst i have heard of happening so far is the lift pump cant pull the fuel or the filters goo up on you.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I dunno in my stroke it smokes pretty good around 50% so I would hate to see it at 100% in my IDI though I run 100% alt fuel which is some oil and some wvo

sassyrel

Reaction score
running 100%--i switch just before shutoff to diesel--easy start. as soon as it starts in morning--switch right back to 100%. the only time mine would smoke--was when id suddenly stand on it--then not that much, until the hairdryer caught up--then near no smoke---youll know when you have a heavy mix. it wont stop--but youll only be able to accelerate just so much--as the fuel pump will only pull colder oil just so fast----filter goo up---NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! i clean all the oil to 5 microns before it goes in the truck--i never did plug a filter--tho i thought so. it was that the oil was too cold, and wouldnt flow.

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I run 100% now but last week it got down to $) and had to run the fuel pump in the mornings but by afternoon the the fuel was off and it was fine