front u-joint......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
right side- outer

Mine is shot out -cuss ....thought that noise was from my bad hub --hub is Tango Uniform- but apparently so is the outer joint.

Local parts houses--auto zone/advance are usless :puke:

Anyone have #'s or where to get them for a D50 TTB....I'm dead in the water ...:frustrate

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:thanks: Mike! :cheers:

I can most likely get buy and just put it back together along with the new manual hubs the front drive shaft doesn't turn till either the t/case or hubs are engaged.

Now I wonder what took what out cookoo

Oh well just another chapter of a simple repair gone to chit :D
fiscerfrakinthingamawhozitconsarningratehunkametal -cuss

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neapco
  • 10297BF heavy duty premium $15.48 ......This U-joint fits all 3 positions right or left side axles.
Advance Auto Parts, normally carried in stock.

Gimme a hollar if ya need anything or need me to run the part for you tomorrow. Gotta go into Dunn fer some of my own parts too.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:thanks: for those part #'s Mike :hail

Well Mike you won't have to worry about Murphy ......-cuss------ he's HERE!!!!!! :shoot:

sumbitch must think he lives here

Got 2 new u-joints after a nice breakfast with WW, daughter and grandson :thumbsup:

After soaking the right front u-joints with Blaster for a while, the left side Warn hub install went smooth :hail .......

After removing the spindle,backing plate etc...and sliding the shaft out from the slip joint, EVERY STINKIN' circlip snapped off clean :frustrate:

So had to run back out for some Mapp gas for the handheld torch....didn't have the welding trailer home...........
After much coercing with said torch and #4 BFH and drifts and a dremel for clean up the outer u-joint is done LOL .......HOWEVER......

the inner u-joint near the pig refuses to budge and apparently the pig needs to be removed completly to access the retaining ring....already mangled 3 stout c-clamps attempting to budge the cups....at least those circlips came out clean :hail :hail

OH BTW.....this operation was interrupted by a call from WW telling me our sink mounted hot water dispenser had chit the bed and had spewed all over the sink base cabinet...along with the supply hose for the sprayer head faucet....so that of course required a trip to Lowes....................:popcorn

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh, That sucks. I wasn't expecting you to make it here this weekend so no worries. I figured you'ld call if you needed a hand on the axle though.

Gimme a hollar if you want some help when ya get some time to finish it. Prolly easier for me to bring your stand up there anyways in my empty bed than having to see you strap it to yer bumper cause ya have 2000 lbs of tools in the back again:rotflmao .

I'll try to remember to give you a hollar tonight.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:thanks: for the offer Mike but I see you were busy relaxing and taking a hyd jack oil bath ;Poke LOL :D ........:angel:

Well I was able to change out both right side u-joints without removing the inner stub shaft from the hsg :hail :hail {would have required removing the diff hsg -cuss }.....was a little touch and go after literally destroying 3 regular c- clamps so I went and bought a c-frame threaded press type set up designed for u-joints/ball joints and class 8 brake pins.

There is JUST enough room between the front pivot and stub shaft to get that ****** in and work it's magic ;Sweet :hail ...pressed them out and the new ones in dinky-dow :D ....didn't even need the mapp torch ;p

Truck is happy now...new front axle u-joints, repacked bearings, new seals and most importantly new Warn premium manual hubs and 2 new Nitto Terra Grapplers :hail ;Sweet
{gona get the 2 rears in a coulpe weeks}

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US